"And above all watch with glittering eyes the world around you, because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." - Roald Dahl

16 July 2015

Three, Two, One...Reset Life!

You may have been wondering where I’ve been for the last couple of months. And I don’t blame you. I sometimes feel like I’ve fallen off the planet as well. I feel like my clock has been reset to zero.

There have been a number of life-changing events since my last post on 27 March 2015. The most unexpected and shocking being that of the sudden passing of my father-in-law only 3 days after that post. Needless to say, things were in turmoil for a little while after that and we are all still adjusting to the loss.



Another sort of unexpected thing to happen is that I have fallen pregnant. My husband and I (and the rest of the family) are overjoyed at the prospect of our very first little one, especially since we’re both rapidly approaching the next big decade. As a first time mom-to-be this is a very exciting time for me – for both of us I think. But I have found it so much harder to just sit down and concentrate on writing. I constantly find myself heading over to Google for a quick look at baby products and then find myself there four hours later and nothing much written.

With the little one on its way, we’ve realised that our current house is too small. So we’ve also been house-hunting, which is also another life changer. And, oh yes, we also got a new puppy named Bella two weeks ago.

So my life has been a little crazy, to say the least. Today was the first time that I’ve sat down do a decent amount of writing (see Wattpad) but nowhere near to what I would have liked to have done. Nevertheless, I am grateful to have written something.

I am apologising in advance for my sporadic writing going forward. We will most likely be moving sometime in the near future and we still have loads to do in preparation for the little one. But don’t despair, writing is and will always be my passion, and I am still determined to write that novel!

Until next time (no promises when that will be...)

No comments:

Post a Comment