"And above all watch with glittering eyes the world around you, because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." - Roald Dahl

3 April 2014

Camp Nanowrimo!


Yes, it's that time again! Camp Nanowrimo time!

This is the first camp that I'll be doing. I usually do the original Nanowrimo which takes place in November every year, where everyone has to write 50 000 words in a month. I attempted this in 2012 for the first time and managed to surpass the target by about 200 words.

Last year I only managed 22 500 words and was left feeling a bit disappointed. It was about halfway through the month when I realised that I wasn't going to finish and just made peace with it.

But I'm back for camp this year. The nice thing about Camp Nanowrimo is that you're able to set the target yourself. So I've set my wordcount target at 25 000 words, which works out roughly to about 833 words a day. This sounds fairly manageable. At the moment I'm actually slightly ahead on target, so that's always a good thing. Plus there's a possibility that I may have a day off from work on Friday - so more writing time there! Also, the cool things about camp is that you get placed in a cabin with cabin mates from all over. I've been placed in a random cabin - everyone seems nice so far.

So wish me luck! Better yet, why not join me? Just click on the links above to find out more. April is going to be a busy month!

Carmen
x

1 comment:

  1. I hear you! Also doing Camp and the blog challenge - April is truly a crazy month this year. But hey, why not?
    Linze from www.linzebrandonblogspot.com - a fellow writerly nut ;)

    ReplyDelete