"And above all watch with glittering eyes the world around you, because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it." - Roald Dahl

24 April 2014

A is for AUTHOR SPOTLIGHT!


Since I’ve embarked into this Indie world of writing, I’ve been pleasantly surprised at how friendly and willing everyone is to help each other out with tips and tricks of getting by in the industry. As a virtual unknown, the kindness of (writing) strangers has made such an impact on me that I’ve decided to pay-it-forward.

If you are an Indie author, in the beginning-ish stage of your writing career and looking for a place to promote your upcoming / current work, then there could be a place for you on my blog: http://www.carmenbotman1.blogspot.com. I'd love to help with your promotion!

I will be hosting a particular genre each month (an idea from my good friend and fellow writer Linzé Brandon). If your novelette, novella, novel or novels fall into any of the categories below and you would like for me to host you, then please read further.

GENRE SCHEDULE:
* YA / NA: June 2014
* Sci-Fi: July 2014
* Fantasy: August 2014
* Drama & Children’s Books: September 2014
* Horror /Paranormal: October 2014
* Thriller / Mystery / Suspense: November 2014
* Romance (no content with an 18+ age restriction please): December 2014


If your novel is a mish-mash of genres, you can decide which category suits it best. Each author will be asked to submit an author photo, a brief author bio (no more than 150 words), book cover photo, synopsis of book (no more than 500 words), author links (blog, social media, etc.) and buy links for your novel. Each author will also be asked to answer 4 or 5 questions about themselves.

Interested? If yes, please send me an email with AUTHOR SPOTLIGHT in the subject line to carmenbotmanwriter@gmail.com and I’ll be in touch.

Please note: I will only be able to host 4 or 5 authors per month. First come – first serve. The date for hosting a specific author will be at my discretion. I will not be able to accommodate specific date requests. I reserve the right to host or not host an author.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Happy writing
Carmen

No comments:

Post a Comment